Where’s my blog?

edit

By admin November 15, 2011

We have had quite a few people who have signed up for an account here at myblog.arts, but missed the step of creating a personal blog. They are then confused to find that they can’t make blog posts.

I’ve updated the Frequently Asked Questions on the Help page to explain how to create a personal blog.
Here’s the relevant part:

I’ve made my blog, but now I can’t find it! Help!
The ‘menu bar’ at the top of the page, is your friend. It’s always there, on every page, and gives you an easy way to navigate the site.
Click on ‘My Blogs’ to seeĀ  a link to your blog’s home page. The other links in the menu bar should be self-explanatory. Click on them to see what they do.

IMPORTANT! If you don’t have a link to ‘My Blogs’, you haven’t created your own blog yet, you’ve just created an account! You will need to:

• Log out of myblog.arts
  • Click on the ‘Sign up for an account‘ link on the front page of the site.
  • Enter your UAL username and password, and a URL and title for your blog.
  • Check the ‘Agree to the terms and conditions’ box.
  • When you submit the page, you should be taken to a welcome page with further instructions.

comments

Emma G says

Would it be possible to make the Blog title field a required answer when signing up? Or at least include a mention on the sign-up page that blogs will not be available if no title is entered?

I've had students with this issue in (unrelated) IT workshops that came to me for help and I'd imagine they're not the only ones who can't find the answer to this issue.

Thanks for all your hard work

replies

admin says

Hi Emma,
We can't really force new users to create a blog, as in some cases they will only want to have an account so that they can join an existing group or blog.
I am looking into redirecting first-time users who log in on the front page to the sign-up page, where they are given the option to create a blog. Hopefully that should solve most of the problems.
Thanks for the feedback!
Mike

replies

Your comment will be revised by the site if needed.