Spam comments

edit

By admin November 15, 2010

We’re getting quite a few spam comments coming through on various blog posts, in spite of the spam filter on myblog.arts.

EDIT: The spam filter is currently blocked, and the spam comments are increasing in numbers. I am doing my best to get this fixed as soon as possible.

EDIT: Latest news – the spam filter seems to be working again. Hopefully there should be far fewer spam comments coming your way from now on. The advice below is still valid however.

If you get a comment which has no real relevance to your post, and the author name or URL looks like it’s trying to advertise something, please mark it as SPAM.
(By default you are asked to approve comments to your blog, the first time someone leaves a comment. After you approve them once, they can post comments freely.)

For example, today I had a comment from an author called Colon Cleansing. That was a bit of a giveaway.

Image by uberculture

comments

Your comment will be revised by the site if needed.

Work to remove out of date and unsupported blog themes is now complete. Students can tap/click this message to check if which thems have been removed. Staff can search Canvas Stories for 'myblog'.