Crowd and cloud: towards a collaborative future, 5 – 7 September 2012
Thank you to everyone who attended and contributed to a fantastic conference! You can see the keynote speeches here. Below are a couple of the nice messages we received from delegates following the conference:
“It was incredibly thought-provoking and I had some great and very inspiring conversations. It was also lovely to be welcomed into such a vibrant and collegiate community, and I really look forward to keeping in touch.” – Victoria Boyd
“I just wanted to congratulate you & the organisers on an interesting and well run conference” – Paresh Vasanjee
The Designs on e-Learning (DeL) conference leads and fosters innovative practices in teaching and learning with technology in art, design and communication.
As digital technologies continue to evolve and transform the pedagogic landscape, we face exciting and innovative possibilities for the future of education. New forms of mobile learning and cloud computing are shaping the learning environment, enabling students to learn in multiple physical, social and conceptual spaces.
The 2012 designs on e-learning conference will explore the impact of these shifts on our teaching practice, and question how we can maximise their potential for improving student learning. This is an opportunity to join the crowd to collectively generate ideas, tackle problems, and share best practices in e-learning. The format of the conference will be innovative, with barcamps, streamed sessions, discussions, performances and creative work.
The conference has a very exciting programme with notable keynote speakers and delegates from Europe, the USA and Asia.
• 35 papers on topics including digital literacy, mobile learning, design projects in urban planning, peer assessment, open source tools, E-portfolios and wiki learning
• ‘My Digital Life’ – a student keynote delivered by 5 UAL students
• A live streamed international panel discussion on the topic of Learning through Digital Collaboration
• A Barcamp – an experimental session open to all
• Digital Hang Out – a dedicated drop in space for collaborative working and developing skills
• A splendid dinner with entertainment at Shoreditch House
Early bird rate – £195.00 (until 1st July)
Full rate – £215.00 (after 1st July)
Student rate (excluding dinner) – £100.00
Robin Shaw: email@example.com (Conference organiser)
Charlotte Webb: firstname.lastname@example.org (Web communications officer, CLTAD)
Mehreen Talpur: email@example.com (PA, CLTAD)